Harris Shoals Park
Harris Shoals Park
This is a small local park within the City of Watkinsville; with picnic areas, walking trails, and shoals that are kid and dog friendly. (Please remember GA state law, requires dogs to be on a leash). There are three (3) pavilions available to reserve for gatherings or events. Admission to the park is free.
The pavilion rentals are currently priced at $50.00 for four (4) hours or $90.00 for the day. NO CASH ACCEPTED. Click here for Fee Schedule.
Pavilion 1 has picnic tables Pavilion 2 has fireplace no tables Pavilion 3 has BBQ no tables
Playground of Possibilities and ESP Miracle League Ballfield
This project was conceived as a public-private partnership between the City of Watkinsville and a local non-profit, Extra Special People (ESP) headquartered next to City Hall in Harris Shoals Park whose mission is “to create transformative experiences for people with disabilities and their families.” For more information, click this link.
The City's Environmental Stewardship Efforts
The city has the following ongoing activities to protect natural resources:
- Public Education: The city provides information on stormwater issues.
- Public Participation: Look for opportunities to participate in stream clean-up activities.
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination: Decals are being installed to remind all of us not to dump in the storm drains.
- Construction Site Control: The city works to enforce erosion control associated with construction sites.
- Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations: The city picks up trash and leaves/limbs and maintains city property to minimize water pollution.
How You Can Help
- Pick up your trash.
- Protect vegetation near the creek and lake
- Clean up after your pet.
- Never dump anything down a storm drain or into a drainage ditch.
- Recycle motor oil and other vehicle fluids.
- Use fertilizer and pesticide only when needed.